Beautiful Northern France has far more to see and enjoy than than just the following “Top 5.” In fact, there are so many incredible restaurants, alone, I may have to do another “Top 5″ post soon.
When you plan your golf vacation to Northern France, the following are just a few attractions and courses you’ll want to check out, but keep in mind the possibilities in Northern France are endless. If you’re travelling from the UK to France, the easiest and cheapest way is via the cross channel ferry and Brittany Ferries offer some great golf holiday deals that include the ferry crossing, bed and breakfast and a few rounds of golf. You’ll experience friendly people, beautiful golf courses, and delicious food. Let’s start planning your vacation to Northern France now!
- How do waffles made in a hinged iron griddle with Madagascar vanilla sound? They sound like something that could land you the number one spot in a top 5 list! They’re one of the specialties at Meert (pictured above) in Lille, France. Meert is a luxury (emphasis on luxury) tea room and sweets shop that has served kings, viceroys and generals (including Charles de Gaulle, a life-long fan) since 1761. As if the waffles (“Gaufres”) aren’t sweet enough, just next door is Meert’s chocolate shop. Any questions why they own the number 1 spot? Golf de Bondues (a Trent Jones Course) is in nearby Bondues. Golf de Bondues boasts an American design with plenty of water and challenging holes.
- La Source (also in Lillie) is popular with vegetarians, seafood lovers, and health-conscious diners. La Source serves delicious vegetarian, fowl and fish plats du jour, each accompanied by five hot vegetable side dishes.
- As for hotels in Northern France with “outstanding” reviews, the top pick seems to be Moulin de Connelles. If you read online reviews for this beautiful hotel in Connelles, France, you’ll see the following adjectives: magical, enchanting, peaceful, beautiful, wonderful… Suffice to say, they had me at “enchanting.” You can visit a hotel’s website and let them tell you how wonderful they are, or you can read actual reviews from actual guests and REALLY find out all you need to know. Moulin de Connelles is so amazing that their reviews speak for themselves.
- Brittany (in North West France) gets high marks for restaurants, hotels, and golf. Brittany golf courses offer golf year round, with breathtaking scenery and holes that are challenging and enjoyable for beginners as well as seasoned pros. Visit http://www.golf-brittanytourism.com/ for more information.
- Golf de Wimereux, created in 1901, is a gorgeous sand based golf course with excellent playing conditions all year. Guaranteed.
Golf in Northern France – Golf de Wimereux